Powering up your NVR for the first time is relatively easy. But it’s important to follow a few simple steps first. Keep in mind that NVRs are intended for use with digital cameras. If you wish to use analog cameras, you will need to connect them to a digital video recorder (DVR).
NVR Setup Instructions
- Make all connections first.
- Connect the male BNC lead to the appropriate port on your camera(s). (Alternatively, your system may use POE cables/connections).
- At the other end of the cable, connect the cable(s) to the “Video In” port(s) on the back of your NVR. Repeat for all cameras in your system.
- For bundles containing multiple cameras types, be sure to connect to the proper power supply. Mixing and matching could cause damage or insufficient power to your cameras. We strongly recommend the use of a surge protector. These devices (not included) help prevent accidental damage to your equipment by limiting any unexpected spikes in voltage.
- Connect the NVR to a monitor, using the VGA or HDMI ports.
- Connect a mouse (if your unit supports it) using a USB port on the back of the unit. The mouse will serve as the primary method of controlling your system. Some units also include a remote control. If you unit features a remote, we nevertheless recommend configuring your NVR and security system with the mouse, at least initially.
- Turn on power after all connections have been made, and follow instructions for setting your unit’s date and time.