At Q-See, seeing is believing. Our product warranty policy embodies our belief in the quality and value of our products. All of our products are backed by a conditional service warranty that covers all hardware for 24 months from the date of purchase according to the guidelines stated below in the RMA policy. Our products also come with a free exchange policy that covers all manufacturing defects for one month from the date of purchase. Permanent software upgrading service is also provided free of charge, at https://support.q-see.com/.
Be sure to keep your receipt, invoice, purchase order, or order confirmation. Store it in a safe place. You’ll need a copy as proof of purchase to obtain warranty service. Q-See warrants that your product is free from defects in materials and workmanship, with the exceptions stated below. If your product is not operating properly due to a product defect, Q-See will repair or replace your product according to guidelines stated in the warranty policy.
If you are looking to return an item purchased on www.q-see.com in the last 90 days, please visit: https://q-see.returnly.com/
Warranty ExceptionsYour warranty does NOT cover the following:
- Modification or alteration of hardware or software, including the removal of any Q-See logos or brand identification
- Cut or spliced cables/wires
- Products that have been painted
- Wires coated in insulation, caulk, or other materials
- Tampering or unauthorized repairs
- Unsuitable physical or operating environment, beyond product specifications
- Improper maintenance
- Incorrect power supplies being used with products
- Power fluctuations or surges – be sure to use a surge protector
- Failure caused by a non-Q-See product being used with your Q-See products
- Loss of data – please be sure to regularly back up any recorded data on your hard drive to a separate storage device, such as an external hard drive, thumb drive, or computer.
Return Merchandise Authorization Policy (RMA)
Proof of purchase is required to obtain warranty service. Proof of purchase must be in the form of a receipt, invoice, purchase order, or order confirmation and a digital copy will need to be provided to initiate the RMA process. All products purchased within 6 months will be replaced with a new product. All products purchased over 6 months from RMA date will be replaced with a factory certified refurbished product.
For more information, or to live-chat with a technical support agent, visit us at: https://support.q-see.com/